Today I got my paper back in English. My teacher gave me a high A, and said this:
"Caitlin-- You obviously write well, have a good command of language, a sense of structure, and confidence in your writing. This is engaging. To be a fantastic writer--in this case, an essayist--I think you need to add one element to your writing: vulnerability. You do show us a weakness (or something that could be perceived as a weakness) in your essay, but you haven't brought us quite close enough to how this impacts you or what it means for you or how conflicted you feel. With that said, your work is exceptional. I look forward to reading more of it."
Now all I have to do to be an exceptional essayist is admit weakness. How on earth can I do that, as the intense condescending person I am? hahaha. I'm sorry. I just reread today's blog posts and I am very aware that I am not in kind spirits today. I will be understanding and loving of my fellow man. I'm sorry.
No comments:
Post a Comment