for every 200 extra calories you eat, you gain a pound.
I learned this over the weekend, and when I stepped on the scale this morning. 2 extra pounds, in one day. It's possible to gain that much that fast, and it's actually, cruel as it may be, very easy.
Conversely, I weighed myself after my long day, which included swimming for 90 minutes (approx. 4,000 m), and I had lost about 0.6
I like using my body as a science experiment.
Today was great. It started well, ended well. I had a terrible test experience around the middle, but I'm starting to honestly think that wasn't my fault. It's probably a figment of my ego or incredible ability of self-justification, but I don't think my test was actually a 74%. I took the micro-exam right before, and I got a 95%. After studying anything I got close to wrong, I went over to the test center, burned through the test with confidence the whole way, ...and that's why I fell into a small dip of depression at the sight of my score. After 1400 calories of gummi bears and Western Family chocolate-covered Mixed Nuts, I felt a little better, I guess.
So I texted Jordan and we had an hour together after I got done at the library. He made me feel so much better about life. 100%. Seriously, after the testing center, thinking I'd done everything and with the pain of no reward, I seriously considered that any possibility of a great GPA (and grad school, and petroleum discovery, and international travel, expensive wines and the finest cheese) is drifting away; Welp, Guess I'll just give up and get married then.
Crap.
...
Today I met this girl in my Book of Mormon class, whom I really like. We walked together to our one-o'clock classes (which was really fun. I have friends! Imagine that.) and we were talking about girls our age ENGAGED; how much of a nightmare it would be to get married now... It was sarcastic, obviously. Well, partly. As Al Gore says: Environmental responsibility or Economy? Which is more important? The brethren say: Eternal (stay-at-home) responsibility or Economy? (You worldly women who choose to abuse your education by getting a career!)
I just want money and mental stimulation and a chance to change the world, that's all. Some women do it through raising strong babies; some women do it through their careers. WELL, GUESS WHAT, SALAZAR. I'M TAKING BOTH. (Dang you, Salazar!)
No comments:
Post a Comment