A lot of bonding happened last night. I no longer dislike Jordan Smith (because he's actually funny, imagine that), I wrestled Jordan Hughes to the ground (he complained about how rough I was afterward.. that's right git it git it), I was very funny around Michael (but then again I probably directly talked to him a cumulative 30 minutes) and I had the precious opportunity to open up with a large group of dead-tired slightly-random people.
For instance, Mallory and I talked about dating without marriage inclination, how it is practically impossible in Mormon culture; Matt was overhearing the entire thing, and it was delicious because I'd just found out that Matt and Mal are "casually dating"... or, basically, my definition of boyfriend/girlfriend, which is actually weird now that I think about it in non-hypothetical context. They like each other, but they're both not that committed and looking for someone better? How can you get better than Matt Meese? And, WHO IS COOLER THAN MALLORY EVERTON? This was weird to me. It opened my eyes, finally, to the more conservative view of dating. Yup, so we talked about dating. Like women do. In front of the man Mallory is dating. I feel like she said a lot of things she wanted Matt to hear, and this was a good opportunity to let it out and not have to confront him. Girl talk works wonders.
When Mal went to sleep, I rolled over and started talking to Whitney and Jordan Hughes, and it was wonderful how freaking open I was. I told Jordan I was sorry for being a jerk to him so much lately, and he said it was okay, that he still likes me. Jordan asked me about Joey, and I was extremely vague because I don't know how much Joey has told me in confidence. They got the point within the first thirty seconds of my two-minute rant, though, and it was probably much less exciting than they expected. Just another one of those "well, I don't know"-type things that people get bored of hearing about. So I switched over and got into how right Michael is (because they actually know who Michael is and I actually had some strongly decided feelings) and they were entertained.
Spring Haven is wonderful like that. You say whatever you want, and people say whatever they want, and it's open and deep and happy. I know these people more deeply now. Jordan had his heart broken last term. I had no idea, and I'd just platonic-ly dated him a good three weeks. He loved her so much that pictures of her made his heart flutter. It's been a while since he's opened up with me around. And this story explains a lot, actually. Especially after understanding his concept of commitment, it would be hard to date me a couple months after being so passionate about this one girl. He was so depressed from her rejection that he didn't eat a couple days after she dumped(ish) him. See, that's valuable information. It would have been quite useful to have known that when I thought he didn't like me. A nice "it isn't me, he's in love with someone else still"-type thing. Wow, that was poorly worded.
We also played a lot of games, and I found out that I suck at everything. I got second-place in knockout the first two games we played, but only because I played dirty, like I hit the ball out of the other person's hand and I pushed people over and stuff like that. Once people caught on, they reciprocated, and I couldn't do anything when "I got a taste of my own medicine", so to speak. And my shooting became horrible, for some reason.. so I was just all-around bad. And then I lost at foosball, after I challenged people and talked trash the whole game, and then I lost at air-hockey TWICE, and I never won dodgeball. See... As competitive as I am, this was heartbreak. Over and over again, when I would express my frustration, people would try to be nice and tell me that they're just games, but the fact that you're wussy and not competitive doesn't make me feel any better. hahaha. It's frustrating to be such a trash-talker and then to suck at everything. Oh well, it was way more fun to lose after playing dirty, because it enhanced my competitor's experience. Winning a game is more fun if you've killed a bad guy. Oh.. and I forgot. I singlehandedly killed every single murderer in Murder in the Dark, baby. That is my game. So, it was all made up for. I'm good at some games.
Michael drove me home. We listened to Armstrong and Getty's commentary of Tiger Woods's public apology. It was hilarious. Every once in a while, Mike and I would laugh and comment, talk about small things, but it was very cute and simple, and so it wasn't too intimidating. It also was no big deal. It looks like we're always going to be on the brink, but nothing's going to happen. That's a good thing, because it's comfortable now, and I feel like any moves (with as little experience as I have) would probably screw it all over.
When I got home, I was so excited to see Maureen. Our beds are together, so our faces are like 20 inches from each other when we giggle and stuff. She went on a date with Joey last night. I wanted her to make out with him so bad; that would have been a hilarious story. But, she told me that over and over, he'd suggest that they make out or something, and she said "Okay" (HAHA) and then he would say he was just kidding. Bummer. Oh well. We're going over to his house tonight for spaghetti.
Today I'm planning on writing better endings for all of my sketches. I'm presenting them on Tuesday, and we're going to actually have some material to work with for our March show. I doubt it'll be as good as the last show, but at least there will be some good stuff from me.
No comments:
Post a Comment