goodwordvomit.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

grading conference

so yesterday I went in to a grading conference with my English teacher. he gave me a failing grade, which I deserved, and expected, but it was really good because we confronted all my issues and, apparently, I'm going to see him at least once a week from now on. I already have a conference with him on Tuesday.
The main thing I need to focus on is communication, I think. Like, this week, I've had maybe three hours a day to do anything, because I've needed naps and stuff, and I can easily go into teachers and just tell them what's going on. I tried it on my portuguese teacher, and she extended the homework deadline for this week, for me, to Monday. I have the weekend to do what everyone else turns in on Friday, since my week is so crazy. Apparently, if you have a relationship, no matter how weird, the teacher does more for you. I like this discovery.
The reason I got a 60 on this paper was that I had no idea what I was doing, and I knew it, and so I wrote the most crap I've ever done, and then I never went in to him for help. Stupid! So yeah. This will change.

No comments: