goodwordvomit.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

learnings

Today I had my temple recommend interview and beforehand I was reminded of my priorities. Do I realize that scripture study and spiritual stuff is a higher priority than homework or parties? Apparently not, because I haven't done personal study since school started. I was thinking about my life right now and I could really use the Spirit, you know? I haven't had it in my life, I don't think. I listen to trashy music sometimes, because it's hilarious, but yeah I still listen to it. And ever since I started cussing every now and then over the summer, I've stopped but it's still in my brain. I don't feel as sunny all the time. I forget things a lot. I don't do well on tests. I'm in a spiritual funk right now.

This weekend I was reminded I have parents and my life is so good! My grades have been suffering under the load (but no worries, I withdrew from Biology) and I've been super stressed out. I was kind of focused on my failure. Then my Dad came to town to see Divine Comedy and go school shopping with me and just hang out and I realized how great everything is. My father is great. I am in a great, great place. I love my life. Now all I have to do is get on top of my grades.

Adam and I are going to date. I'm fairly certain. Both nights after the shows he came to my car to get rides to our after-parties, even though, both times, he had a car he could have driven. I just dropped him off at the parking lot afterward each time. And Saturday night, we shared spaghetti AND a drink. IF THAT'S NOT A TELL-STALE SIGN, WELL
I'LL
BE.

No comments: