goodwordvomit.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

tomorrow I start work for the Man

Last night I spent hours on the fashion blog, making each picture look perfect, etc. I couldn't really think of a reason for it at the time, but I worked at it pretty diligently.
I was at school too early today. I had nothing to do for an hour, and I decided I would take a few more pictures of people for my brainchild project and hit the Wilk. Right when I walked in, there was a booth for this new fashion blog the Honor Code office was doing, called Y fashion. The girls asked me if I wanted to subscribe, and they had a clipboard collecting e-mail addresses. WHAT THE! There's no way I would compete with another fashion blog. Especially with an ad campaign and subscriptions. Within seven minutes, I was at the desk of the guy in charge, and I put signs everywhere with my number, my blog's URL, and "CALL ME, JARED".
so this afternoon I chatted with him in his office, and he really likes lookbookprovo. Thank goodness I'd worked on it yesterday! He was pretty sure that our blogs should/would collaborate and combine, but I had a feeling that he wasn't really that passionate about this BYUSA blog, and whoever the girl is who's taken the photos and selected the seasonal themes is the person I should really contact. Tomorrow we have a meeting at 4, at Jared's desk, and that's when we decide whether I'm putting my pictures on their blog. According to today's conversation, I would get my own page, with my own color scheme choice, and as many pictures of as random people as I want. It should be cool; I think I'll get so many more followers this way.

No comments: