goodwordvomit.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

vegas

I spent the whole last 72 hours hanging out with brilliant people like Gregory Schulz, Mary Hedengren, Jeremy Warner... I got to spend a lot of time with Michael, who I've had a crush on forever, and I met Jordan Hughes, the Kabe-replacement for our group, and he is pretty awesome as well. He's a Manufacturing Technologies major, and he makes me laugh. So the entire time it was almost like a transition from one guy to the other. I mean, you wouldn't think so by watching me, since I spent a lot of time with Jordan and almost none with Michael, but inside, I don't know how to word it exactly, but it didn't totally fit. I can't just switch over that quickly. hahaha. I can't believe I'm like this right now, especially judging from my past extreme case of Boy ADD. I just really like Michael.


When I analyze my game plan with Michael, I realize that it's all like a weird wildest-dream-type hope without any sort of expectation for a relationship, because I do almost nothing to make anything happen with him. I have to vocalize excuses to move over to sit with him; I've only asked him out once, and it wasn't officially defined as a date, (although we paid for each other, I guess); and--taking this weekend as an example--I don't exactly make my way over to him when I get the opportunity. And when I express my infatuation with Michael, it's not like I dream of our offspring or, whatever, you know, but I like his insights into conversations, I like his laugh, I like his humor, he's really helpful when I need some inspiration in my sketch-writing, and I just feel compatible with him when we're talking. Also, he's never said anything that made me think "wow, idiot"/"wow, too far", which happens every once in a while with, even, people I really usually like. And he likes music! He moves! It may be Dashboard Confessional, but I only thought that was unacceptable when I hadn't heard very much of their music. I take it back (unsure of whether it has anything to do with my liking for Michael).

No comments: