I wish I could quit posting about dating. It kind of bothers me how predictable and stereotypical I am as a teenage girl. Here, come. Let's talk about boys. EVERY POST. Oh well, people dig it.
...
It is true that birds of a feather seem to find each other. Well, Joey is like my BYU version of Bo Sagal, and Jeff Blake is like my third grade teacher.
Just kidding. Sorry, Jeff, I knew you were going to read that.
I was about to get into something really profound.. oh. yes.
So in fall term I remember calling home and complaining to my father about how there weren't any interesting people around at BYU to befriend, and that I now have to settle for boring people with super high standards, which is totally foreign compared to the friends I had in high school. I love high standards, but for some reason, I like to talk to people in their cars about how God could maybe not exist and somehow we could maybe have made all of this up. Which is probably not very good for our senses of self-worth at the time, but I think it's a refreshing conversation. It makes you realize how uncomfortable life is without the Church, and you realize how confusing it would be if you really didn't know what we know. Either that, or I'm totally justifying the worst thing I could talk about. In either case, I love the Church and I've felt the spirit and I know it's real.
Anyway
So the point is, I've found interesting people. Not just Michael, but Jeff and Joey. And all three are eligible bachelors. Which sucks, because I want to marry all of them. But it mostly sucks because I don't want to marry any of them. ..Well, almost taking back that thought, I unquestionably want to date Michael Dalton, but he's not really my friend yet, and I'm actually scared that he'll find what I've written about him, whereas I know that Jeff and Joey both read this blog and I'm totally cool with writing whatever down.
It would be nice if they were girls. I'd like to hang out with more girls. I'm always with Maureen and I love it. She's funny, unlike most girls I've met at BYU. So I guess that's where the trouble was during fall term. I was looking for funny girls, and girls are almost never really funny. Older men, on the other hand...
Gosh, I'm stupid. How dumb is that?
Am I trying to get married prematurely?
I don't ask that question seriously. It's what Dad asked me once, and it's a dramatic thing to end a blog post with. I definitely never consider that possible. I don't think I'm even close to marriage. I've hardly even had a boyfriend before. (See how that took some self-convincing? That was fun to read. Even if I realize I was the one who wrote it and it made me sound like a real woman. Trying to seem rational, but really very worrisome and indecisive.)
Maybe I have all these intriguing guy friends now because I'm on the brink of a romantic dry spell. I guess I'll just bank on that and wait until then to post something non-dating-related.
No comments:
Post a Comment