goodwordvomit.

Friday, March 19, 2010

the blow and vmp wkd

Dude, I love my cousins. Laura is a dream and her sisters are rockin'. Maureen and I met them at Vampire Weekend. The opener was The Blow, this woman and her microphone and her beats played over the PA. Rapper setup, but not a rapper. She danced so well, like a flickering flame pixie with skinny model legs. She was a sort of stand-up comedian, too. I was very impressed with her.
So right before Vampire Weekend got on stage, the crowd started to compress toward the stage and people were squishing through. There was this middle-aged devil woman practically screaming at short little girls who were just trying to push through to a spot at which they could see anything, and when I defended the people pushing she gave me this glare.. well right when Vampire Weekend was going to come, the crowd was just squishing from all sides and ..this woman.. she was so angry, the pissiness was like a hot acid pudding coming out of her ear canals and tear ducts.. she huffed and started to leave, pushing into the crowd behind her, and I yelled, "HOORAY!" at her departure, so she pulled back and put her face up to mine, again with the glare, and said "YOU DON'T WANT TO MESS WITH ME. I AM NOT A NICE GIRL." And my whole body shivered. Confrontation, baby. Sucks the wits out of me. I was tripping on every word. I made this amused face and said, "Oh no.. Not that.. No.. You're hands are VIPERS!" And my cousins giggled and she sunk back into the audience. She probably hated her night, but Seriously? She probably goes through her whole life like that. Sad, sad reality. She could really use a figurative wet wipe for her acid pudding infection.
So all while Vampire Weekend was playing their angel music, I was in the front, maintaining my position through squirming and pushing in all directions, and there was this beautiful hipster boy next to me the whole time. I sacrificed better spots to stand next to him the whole time. The whole time, I was envisioning a beautiful life with him in the back of my mind. I have to admit to feeling a little lovesick when we were walking out and I realized I'd never see him again. hahahah.

No comments: