Last night, both shows were over two hours long because people were laughing so much. I did well. I was funny. One of my sketches wasn't very good though. The goosh was poorly received. As in, the crowd was stunned silent even after the lights were down and the loud music came on. It was "Crime Report", when various types of artists take a robbery victim's statement, like through interpretive dance and haiku, and then when she tells them to go away and she turns to the regular-looking policeman to take her statement, he says "Hold on a second", pulls his pants off, and then "Now I'm ready." I thought it would be funny, but apparently it was inappropriate.
Speaking of my dirty humor, Brother Stanley told me the bishop wanted to have a sit-down with me to discuss appropriate humor, after my stand-up performance for the ward last week. I was talking about a BYUSA poster, one about a wiffle-ball tournament, and it had a picture of people with these huge wiffle-balls for heads, and there was one girl, and the joke was: "I feel bad for her. Being part of the wiffle-ball clan is probably not very conducive to women, because they probably get all these comments about how big their balls are." Okay, it's a balls joke. But those were large wiffle-balls.
No comments:
Post a Comment