goodwordvomit.

Friday, April 30, 2010

so it goes.

I haven’t made any sales. Day 2. But it’s cool; when it comes down to it, I don’t really mind if I make absolutely no sales, because I have an apartment paid for, I have friends, I have furniture, I have clothes, I have everything I need for the next four months. I’m good. I’m losing nothing. Also, things are constantly looking up. Every time someone is interested, it may not be a sale, but it means they’ll call if they see any bugs. I don’t think any other pest control service has knocked at their door.. I really hope they don’t, because our price is kind of high.. but it’s hard to find salesmen as charming and easy-going as I seem. Especially one who’ll hold off your dogs at the door. Which happened today. And one who will give her business cards to your toddlers and six-year-olds. That happened, too.

Today we had a party with the technicians. I really like our crew. Especially Dan. He’s a metalhead! Dan gave me a ride-along on Tuesday. I recognized his ringtone, which is “Walk” by Pantera, and we got to talking about it. I also told him about my experience at Gwar and how it changed my life, and he told me about all the chemicals we use as a company on people’s property. Good trade-off, I’d say. He’s pretty smart in the technical chemical field. On our walk around the house, I found a tiny spider and I bent over and pinched it between my fingers to kill it. When he turned around and saw what I did, he was caught off guard—“WHAT THEF”. Later that hour he invited me to go to a concert with him on Saturday, and to drink with him. Hahaha.

Anyway, Warwick Davis.



No comments: