so I have to go to my coworkers' house to do anything on the webz.
SUNDAY MAY 2
What a Sabbath. Today I went to the singles ward linger-longer in Glendale, and I was confronted by the bishop’s wife for not bringing Trevor. Trevor used to go to Glendale 7th, and he’s inactive now so it’s awkward for him to return. He went there for almost 2 years. He knows people there, and it would just be weird for him to see them again, especially after his recent lifestyle changes. Not especially good for conversation. He likes to drink now. It gives him confidence. SO ANYWAY, the bishop’s wife confronted me and she started patronizing me like, “Just bring him! And have FAITH.” That’s offensive, isn’t it? It wasn’t just the fact that I was freaking tired with a headache that caused me to be so insulted? I came after her and insisted that forcing him to do stuff wouldn’t help. She said, “Trust me. I’ve had rebellious kids. As rebellious as they get.” I wanted to say “Well, yeah. With a wretch like you for a mother?” But I didn’t. Weird situation. I like that woman. Why’d she have to catch me on a day like this? I’ve had headaches all day because of living on three hours of sleep.
Yesterday we went as a sales team to the beach to surf. We made it there really late and the waves were WASHING MACHINES. Dude, it was so fun. I actually really love getting pummeled. It’s really tiring and it’s fun when you catch the crashing waves on top of you and your board and you just sail out. That happened once. The rest of the time I was just hurled off and into the wash and came out laughing my guts out. My face was sore with smiling afterward. It’s weird, my enjoyment for this stuff! Like moshing or wrestling. I just like being thrown.
Another week of selling to go. Woopee! And I have to give a talk in Spanish next Sunday, Mother’s day, for Tujunga Ward, and I am somewhat intimidated because of my recent lack of Spanish experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment