WEDNESDAY MAY 5
I’ve been subscribing to Netflix this summer, and I love it. I’ve watched “Au Revoir, Les Enfants” and “Les Choristes” and both were beautiful French films I hope to show Mom. I think she’d love Les Choristes. Maybe I can find a copy for her for Mothers’ Day. It’s about a musician who becomes a prefect at a boarding school for delinquent boys and orphans. He starts a choir there. It’s not like a normal American inspirational film. Maybe it is, actually, but it wasn’t Hollywood-ish and it had beautiful French music. Also cute little boys. “Au Revoir, Les Enfants” was also French, also took place in a boarding school for young boys, but it was a Catholic school and it was during the Nazi invasion of France during WWII, and one of the boys was a Jew in hiding. The ending was kind of abrupt, but I still felt moved at the end. I’m so glad I didn’t live through the time the Holocaust was going on.
No comments:
Post a Comment