I found out today that my Dad didn't get the job. They offered him a job with a salary lower than that of his last job, he sent them a counteroffer, and then they called him up and basically shut him down for any offer or any salary or anything. He doesn't even have the low offer anymore. and he has been investing all his time in their company these last six weeks, and not in the job search, so now that he's back in his own office, he's back to square one. He's got absolutely no leads, because he hasn't been keeping tabs on them for the past six weeks.
The fire's back under my butt. I'm going to have to sell well for the rest of the time I'm here, or this summer will be kind of a failure. This move to Portland would be somewhat of a failure. I'll probably have to work while I'm at school, which would suck, and, well.. at least I have the motivation I need to do well at this job. I'm excited.
Tonight I went with Lauren and Nicholi into Portland to Bridge Fest, which is like a local indie festival they do every once in a while. It was really fun, and we got to see a lot of beautiful hipster people. I looked good, too, which is great especially because I wear a white polo and khaki bermuda shorts 5.5 days per week. Looking good feels so good after that. My non-work fashion is more deliberate now. I put the effort in. Nicholi's friends Mark van Winkle and Jimmy Rasband are coming into town on Monday, and I'm going to skip a couple hours of work to see them. I know Mark from when Nicholi was still in high school and they were in a band together. He came to Nicholi and Lauren's wedding and we got to hang out together there. The main reason I'm motivated to leave work to see him is that when Nicholi asked him if he remembered me he said that he thought I was cute and that my music taste is really good. and he's in Portland just for the weekend, to work at a music festival up here for hippie jam bands. Cool, right? I know.
Anyway,
snacks and shit. It's like vice humor, but all on retarded rappers
read both if you haven't already
No comments:
Post a Comment