Monday I went to a concert with Nav, saw PHANTOGRAM again (see Sasquatch reviews... Phantogram is wonderful, and this time was especially awesome because I got to meet them.)
Tuesday and Wednesday, I had dinner with Waldo's family. His parents tease like crazy! It was awesome! His dad and I talked the entire time Tuesday, and then Wednesday it was more bits and pieces with everybody. They have this game they play, and it was really impressive. Everyone gets a turn to say something nice about each person in the circle. It was simple, but so great. They do it once a month, and it's a great way of letting people have positive feedback. It reminded me of the senior girls' grad dinner that La Canada First ward had, when the moms said something about their baby girls. Everything my mom said was really touching, especially because I don't remember ever getting a compliment that sincere from her. We never had that kind of relationship. I didn't know she knew that much about me, or whether she had noticed some of the things she mentioned and thanked me for. That was such a big moment for me. Anyway, the Berg family dinner was really impressive, especially that one game, and on my way home, in my excitement, I had to pull over and call Dad. That was stupid. "Wait, isn't he gay?"
Anyway,
I'm seeing Jonsi tomorrow night. with Waldo
No comments:
Post a Comment