goodwordvomit.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

yeah so it's been

Today I had a text conversation with C-dub. First time since July. And it was positive.

And I chatted with Kupkakes for three hours.

Kuan and I went to hang out with the Bush family today. We felt like going so we just got up and went over. As we were driving there, I called Lindsay like "hey, we're coming over!" and it was awesome. We played Scattergories.

Where are the mud slides?

For Christmas, my grandparents wanted us to write up memories we have with them, and mine are really simple...
GRANDPA.
Over the summer, I worked in Portland, and near the end of my time there, I went up to visit Grandma and Grandpa in Fox Island a couple hours away. For the two days I was there, I spent a good chunk of time with each grandparent, and I really value the memories I had with Grandpa. He was the best host. He would offer to take me places around Fox Island, and he and Grandma would make plans for us to go around and have fun together. In the mornings, I would wake up somewhat early, and he would be in the kitchen. He's a skilled conversationalist, and chatting with him made the mornings pleasant. And on memorial weekend, I went up to Washington on a road trip with my friends. I split off and spent a day with Steve and Vicki's family. Grandma and Grandpa were there visiting, and Grandpa made a point to sit by me. He read me stories from a history of one of our ancestors, and then, of course, we talked for a good while. I've talked to Grandpa extensively about my majors and dating and everything, and he listens thoroughly and comments.

GRANDMA.
I remember making blackberry jam with Grandma at a family reunion at Fox Island when I was little. The reason I remember that activity so well is that Grandma has reminded me. She loves to reminisce, and she has such a good memory for what she has done with each grandkid. I love Grandma because I feel like she knows me so well. I could talk with Grandma for hours about anything, and she loves to talk with me about me. What a natural conversationalist! She cares for everyone. It's always a delight to be with her.

yeah...
tonight I should be hanging out with Christian Frandsen, my mom, and Kuan. yup



No comments: