goodwordvomit.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

I am a whirling ball of subconscious hatred

the last three days have been really great and exciting, and very eventful.
Dec 31 we drove down to Utah. I spent eleven hours in the car with all the luggage, while Bone and My brother drove the stick-shift. In Las Vegas we stopped by Bone's friend's house and he took two hours to decide that we weren't going to drop him off there because he couldn't find a way to Provo. Then we got to St. George, where I was in a hurry particularly because it was New Years Eve and I wanted to make it to a good party, and all the while I was super impatient with Bone, when he stopped by another friend's and made small talk with people who took care of Grandma's house. And right after that, on the way to Taco Time, Bone and My brother were all up on me like "YOU WERE REALLY RUDE IN THERE, BABE." And then while we were eating, the explosion occurred; Bone started taking shots at Lady Gaga's originality and I started taking shots at Bone's ignorance of that whole sphere of current events and celeb gossip. I got Bone's revenge later that night, when we rolled into town at 9:45 and I asked to get dropped off first because I had friends who'd been waiting since 9 to get me, but was soon turned down, and we spent the next thirty minutes bringing stuff into My brother's house, where Bone went into the kitchen without a load and started eating some peanuts. Cool, guys. Real cool. They dropped me off finally after they picked up My brother's friend Lesa, after we waited for her to come out of her house.

New Years Eve was super fun. Josh and I went to a club, I had Nav's ID, they turned me away because somehow they didn't think I looked like a brown-eyed Navajo girl, and after getting pulled over for expired license-plate stickers we made it to our friend's house at 11:57, celebrated New Years with sugar cookie decorating and a lot of weird people (Nav's new bf Joel I'd never met) and their kids and skyping Nav, and then we slept in his kids' room with their tiny sleeping bags and sofa cushions. It was true fun. The next morning we hung out and watched the kids fight Nav's boyfriend Joel with lightsabers.

JANUARY 1 after coming home from Elwon's, I went through all my clothes and picked out the ones I never wear. There's a pile for D.I. in my living room, and since then 2 people have come by and taken some free stuff. I like doing this before making runs to D.I., because they're really appreciative and it makes me realize how nice my stuff is. And so anyway January 1 I did a lot of decluttering and laundry.
That night I went to the cabin with My brother, Brent, Will, and Brent's sister Lesa. I don't know why they like Lesa. Here's another case of subconscious dislike. Frequently we jabbed at each other. Not always. I bit my tongue sometimes. I bit my tongue in Apples to Apples when she got a red card for Georgia O'Keefe "(I'm awesome I'm so smart) Georgia O'Keefe is totally awesome because she dated Chopeh (Chopin, french accent)" and inside I was thinking 'no you idiot. That's George Sans, and you're an idiot.' and when she got the card for bonbons "Boh-bohs. That's a french word." ... 'idiot.' Maybe this was happening in my head because I was freaking tired from partying the night before. I think I would have just disliked her a lot if I weren't tired. Since I was tired, though, I really could not stand her.
In any case, I don't feel like I'm communicating well how sour she is. Instead, I realize I've only demonstrated how sour I was. Accurately. I was a sour puss and not a fun friend at that party. I was really tired. I am really tired.

Today I went to church and I was reminded of how wonderful my life is and how beautiful the church is and how much I missed my ward. Today I was reminded of the importance of Visiting Teaching and how I don't really know any of my girls and how I need to do service for them because that's what Visiting Teaching is. Today I was pleasant and funny and I participated in Relief Society and Sunday School. Today I met and sat with 2 of the 3 new girls in the ward. I took a nap, ate some food, watched Breakfast at Tiffany's, mended all the clothes that needed mending (gained a better-fitting jacket and patched jeans), DECLUTTERED AND ORGANIZED MY WHOLE ROOM, called Dad and talked to him about how I need to change my heart to accomplish my goals (gain friendship with Bone and lose weight) and LASTLY, I came to you and blogged about it.

Love you.

Anyway,



No comments: