goodwordvomit.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

grunion day

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150353520220696&comments

Today, Bo and I went to go see Chris. We met up at the California ScienCenter, and after a short venture through the museum, we went to San Pedro and explored the cliffs, the town, and the small town aquarium. Then we met up with his family for a cruise around the canals in Long Beach, where people decorate their canal-side balconies with lots of Christmas lights. Chris's family is very funny, and whenever another boat would come by we would sing "Italian" songs or make weird noises. It was a great night. After dinner at a nice place, Bo and I took off. I think we were laughing the whole time we were there, and even afterward when it was just me and Bo. I had some missionary experiences, too. Chris's family was asking me about BYU and I had a lot of great things to say about it. I really like my school. And everyone has such respect for Mormon culture. It made me feel really good to be chatting with these people who were so intrigued by all of it. And when Bo and I were talking about it, he told me I am his only friend he doesn't just hang out and get high with. He looks forward to whenever we see each other, because it's always an adventure.

Today was a good day for the emotional bank account, and it made me realize that I will always, always be Mormon, because I love it, and it is a great fit for me.




No comments: