and it was really nice.
Really nice.
Today in Sunday school, I read my patriarchal blessing, and I was reminded of the grand scheme, and everything feels different now. My emotional chaos and my little complaints seem really far away today. Because, not that I hadn't kind of known this all before, but I am so important.
I am important! That's the main gist of my patriarchal blessing.I am a missionary, I am a peacemaker, I am loving and giving. I am choice and strong. I will be a world power. Of course I knew this. But it's so nice to actually focus on my strength after I've been so involved how weak or embarrassing I can be sometimes.
This past week I've looked into myself more than usual, just evaluating the difference between what I want and what I'm working toward. Which is a valuable thought process, but it's usually so negative. A lot of the time we think "why aren't things working out?" instead of "what can I do to work this out?"
And rather than think about what I could do, I kind of gave up, and assumed that there was no way things could work out.
but it's working out.
It always works out. I'm awesome, and there's an awesome plan set up for me. Today, reading my patriarchal blessing, it changed my world.
I was refreshed! I actually listened in Ward conference, rather than slouch and let my mind wander to this stupid plagiarism sketch I'm presenting to crazy show in two days. And the conference was on mission stories. Nothing is better than a conference on missionary work. Except for reading my patriarchal blessing. I'm going to move the work forward. I know it because I've read it.
Because I'm a positive force.
I'm awesome.
I am important.
suckuhz
1 comment:
I find it entertaining that you talk about being a positive force and about doing good, and then ending this post with "suckuhz."
Post a Comment