we went on our date
he is awesome
we went to D.I. first. emBomb was looking for cassette-players and there was a homeless man looking in the same section, and they got to talking and were singing Bruce Springsteen. Intrigued, I walked over, and the man asked emBomb, "Oh, is this your lovely girlfriend?" And emBomb replied, "Actually, she's my fiancee."
(The other day I had bought a wedding ring at Claire's. It was still in my pocket.)
I brought my left hand out, and flashed my ring. emBomb was STUNNED. WHERE DID YOU GET THAT ALL OF A SUDDEN...
It was hilarious! The man was telling us that we are going to have beautiful children and we sort of looked at each other and said, "Yeah, you're right!"
Yesterday I didn't write very many details about the goings-on between emBomb and I. We were walking home from campus, climbing tons of stairs when I asked him if he liked hiking. He said yes. I told him my brother hiked the entire Appalachian Trail. "Did you ask me that just so you could tell me about your brother?!" And so the joke goes. He sent me a picture of his nephew; "Do you like nephews?" etc. ... Apparently I try to brag a lot to people I don't know very well.
Tonight I was telling him this story about when I was messing up baking chicken breasts because I'm bad at cooking-- "Wait, WHAT?! What did you say?" --that I'm bad at cooking... "OH MY GOSH! YES! WE CAN HANG OUT AGAIN! You're humble! Yes! What else are you bad at?!"
"Piano. I can't play in sacrament or relief society."
"You said you were good at piano!"
"I was good at piano. I'm not really anymore."
"So you lied to me?"
"I tell everyone I'm good at piano, okay? I can still play Clair de Lune."
In short, it was awesome. So awesome. I don't know where he came from. I don't know why so much good is happening to me, so fast.
emBomb is going with me to a BHave party on Fridayyy :))))))
Anyway,
my doppleganger Sandra Huller

No comments:
Post a Comment