goodwordvomit.

Monday, January 31, 2011

I have nice friends

Why do you do comment on everything in class and in life you think is funny? Do you know why? I think life is terribly boring if you have to have everyone around you be carbon copies of yourself or you only feel comfortable with your own way of doing things or points of view. I will always encourage someone to be true to who they are and be themselves. So the questions are for your benifit. You seem a little bothered and confused by others reactions to you and their views of how they see you. It is hard when you see yourself one way and find out that is not always a match to others views. I think it is a great opportunity to discover more about who you are. No one keeps doing something (positive or negative) if they don't get some reward from it or it fills some need. You are quick, funny, have a quirky sense of humor and no fear. That is unique in a woman so people are always freaked out by that. Why do you think there are so few woman comedians? All of those qualities are fantastic and you should appreciate how cool you are. On the other hand all our strengths are our weakness on the other end of the scale. Example, a few of mine: Creative and think outside the box= not always willing to do the mundane and boring which must be done in life even though I can't stand it. I appreciate the merits those tasks provide for an orderly life. So I have to find a balance by doing the mundane then rewarding my mind with something creative. Laundry, then I can spend time drawing plans and working on my newest decorating project.
Another thought, maybe you are with a bunch of stepford people who don't appreciate anything different. Do you make comments thinking people won't get to know you if you don't? Then find out all they know about you is that you are the funny girl they talk about to their room mates? In the end you must not let anyone else change something you like about yourself and that you enjoy doing (unless or course it's unhealthy, causing a lack of balance or hindering you in your progress and growth). You are bright and strong, you will figure out how to be you and make it work. Don't change just to accomodate everyone elses feelings and expectations just so they won't think your nuts. Minerva Tichert a favorite artist of mine loved red. So she wore red shoes all the time. In those days that was weird.She also wore a thin red leather strap around her head just becasue she liked it. She also had a great marriage, a huge family, studied in Chicago, Paris and New York and was a faithful Mormon woman. Nothing she did was expected and I am sure some of her peers thought she was odd. She was wonderful and so are YOU! XOXO

No comments: