goodwordvomit.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

rhetorical analysis is for hussies

I just finished writing a rhetorical analysis paper for Honors English 150, and it was about to be the most boring paper I'd ever allow myself to write, but I ended up just not allowing myself and cleverly followed the rubric with more a more creative structure, a more personal tone, and therefore more interesting approach. I'm freaking proud of my rhetorical analysis wannabe, and I hope my teacher appreciates it, and the contrast to the usual crap my peers submit. We've done peer reviews a couple times before, and every single time has been frustrating because I'd listen to how terrible the essays were, and then I'd vomit in my mouth when I realized they were actually doing it right. She was expecting crap from me, too, but I stand by my dignity as a writer of interesting things, and she'll just have to deal with it. I've sort of become desensitized to bad grades in English. I've never gotten more than a B in an English class since my freshman year of high school. I hope I don't get a bad grade on this one, though, just because the style is different than other people's. I've got an A in there so far. I would like to keep it.

No comments: