goodwordvomit.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Mein Führer's Day, and free love

Utah was really fun to visit again. This visit to Provo felt different now than other times, obviously, because it's home for me and everything was very familiar. It made me realize that this whole summer sales thing is just a small investment of time and effort to make money so that I can have a better life at home in fall. BYU is where my life is, so it doesn't matter if I don't have anything but work in temporary Santa Clarita.
We got back at approx. 3:30 this morning. I drove the last two or three hours, which I was very proud of myself for. Now it's a normal work day, and we go out knocking probably in less than an hour.

The funeral was pleasant and reverent. The reunion was awesome! It was the first time I'd ever seen baby Layla ever and my brother Clifford in two years. He's grown up a lot, and I've grown up a lot..
Speaking of my growing up, all the women at the family reunion were so excited to ask me about my new boyfriend, all the details. Apparently people read my blog, but they hadn't looked at it for a week or so. So I told them about Monday's moral rage, and now I'm perceived as some war heroine in the battlefield of love.

Sooo I mentioned Layla. This was the first time I'd seen her in the flesh and it was the first time I'd seen Campbell with hair. Campbell talks now, a little bit. Yesterday Mardee pointed at me and said, "Who's that, Campbell?" And she said, "Satan!" That response was lolz better than if she could say my name. She's getting better; she calls me "Taitin" now, unfortunately.
Spencer was the only Clive dad to be with us on Father's day, and he required everyone to call him "Mein Führer". If only my Satan nickname would stick, it would have matched his nicely.

Cadence and I got to play a lot this trip, too. In one of our conversations I pointed out that we have the same nose and the same hair and the same eyeballs. Then later, Stephanie was talking to Cadence about how much she looks like me and Cadence said to me, "I have your nose because I love you." Precious memmrrz.

I didn't get to spend Father's day with my dad, because that morning I'd driven him and Clifford to the airport, but it was probably my favorite Father's day because we had a little family testimony meeting that ended up centered on Grandpa. It was really uplifting and it reminded us of the reason for the reunion. People mentioned memories of him that I had totally forgotten about.

Anyway,
Führer and child.

No comments: