goodwordvomit.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

oh my gosh it's been more than a week

since I've been on my blog or the internet or anything! I amaze myself.
Sales have taken over my life, for sure, and I love feeling like I'm being productive with my time, and I like having a project to work on, despite how challenging it is. Sales is an emotional job. Everything depends on your mood at the time you approach a door. Even in between doors, if you're stressed, you'll be a stressful person to talk to at the doorstep, and if you're texting someone, you'll be so distracted that when the door opens, you'll trip on the pitch and it will slam in your face.
And I'm a delicate baby. When I get doors slammed in my face, I have to walk somewhere private and sit down. Luckily, I haven't done that too often, but I wish I had never started because it's wasting a lot of my time, and that pisses me off especially when I'm good again and I wish I had another hour to knock.
The streets are covered with spiderwebs, with fat garden spiders sitting in them, and I'd think they were cool if they weren't always in my way. I've gotten webs in my hair and face every day this week. And the people whose yards have the spiders?!!! THEY DON'T BUY EVER. WHY?! YOU HAVE WEBS! ALL OVER! IN MY FACE! IN! MA! EYEZ! ...btch!

Today Justin texted me for the first time since I moved to Portland. I don't know why he did. I could tell he regretted it. Ever since like a week before I moved to Portland, after every time he texts me, I go back and delete all inbox and sent messages to/from him, so that his phone is nowhere on my phone. I will never ever call him or text him back.

I love my team! I think I like everyone, which is cool. We meet and train every day. The other night, Travis video-recorded my pitch at the apartments' doorstep, and we worked on it for an hour until my pitch was totally different, and then we watched the recording ("before" video) and laughed at it. The next morning they played it for the team and EVERYONE WAS DYING LAUGHING AT ME and it was really fun because I was a part of the team now. They were laughing with me at me and it was real. I love them and they love me. Today, three different people asked me how I did and gave me high fives.

Portland was the best decision I've made all summer. Let's hope this "best decision ever" lasts for more than a month. HAH. I hate my badboyfriendexperience references.
Hanging with Divine Comedy (Matt, Kabe, Whitney, Mal, and Alex) was cool, 4th of July with cool kids (Nicholi, Lauren, KP) was fun, and shopping with my ecogirls (Lily and Jenny) was great. Tonight the team's going to swim in a waterfall, and then I'm coming back and going bowling with Nicholi and cool kids, and then TOMORROW I'M SPENDING WITH UNCLE WILLIAM'S FAMILY! yayyyyy portland

Anyway,
I saw this bumper sticker and liked it. Even if it's atheist.

No comments: