goodwordvomit.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

last weekend in p-town

UHH... SO
This is my last weekend in Portland. I am so grateful I came here. It was the greatest adventure of my summer, and it made the whole break worthwhile. This last week, since Jenny (one of the sales girls in my apartment) moved out, I've been getting to know Lily really well, and we like each other a lot. We laugh at each other and have inside jokes. Yesterday we had a couple tender moments before and after knocking. "I'll miss you when you leave, Catie." "Lily, I'll call you at night to hear you sleep again." She's great. We don't make any messes, and we ask before borrowing the other's stuff. Roommate paradise.

On Friday, every person on my team bageled (got 0 sales) except for Lily, who got 1. It was hilarious. Well, I thought it was hilarious. We got a call from the president of the company asking if we'd worked the hours or if we'd taken the day off. I have always worked the hours. I guess just none of us pushed that day. Or, there were only 5 of us so there were only 2 areas, and both of them could have been leery of salespeople or super-rich or super-poor. So many factors. But I think, mostly, it's the end of the summer and we all want to go home now.

I'm going to see my grandparents in Seattle starting Tuesday night. I leave on the Amtrak in Portland after working in the morning. Ah, such EXCITEMENT

Anyway,
neck tan

No comments: