goodwordvomit.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

volume two

BYU is here
I feel like so much has happened in the last few days that listing would be the only sufficient way of organizing this
1. The trip to Utah
Bonner and I drive out to Utah a day earlier than we had expected. We left Friday at noon and made it to Utah at midnight (11pm California time), and taking out the stop we made at the Primm Nike Factory Outlet for foxy shazam, it was about 9.5 hours. We sang to the radio a lot, like to Billionaire and that one song "I put my hands up in the air some times".. you know.. that one.. so good
2. The Portuguese house
Muito legal! I love my room mate. She's the RF native speaker, so I get personal Portuguese training from her every time I communicate. It's awesome, I'm learning so fast. Today in Port 101 I gave the opening prayer all in Portuguese. As life turns out, a couple of Mybrother's freshman friends are in my class and they seem really fun and interesting. They recruited me into their study group, and I'm excited to start that shortly. (DzAYummmm, DEY LOOK GOOD MMMMMRMMM)
3. Crazy Show
We performed the day after I arrived, and we weren't planning on having me in the show so I performed unrehearsed. It went well, but when I was talking to my cousin about the show today he commented on my seeming lack of a part. haha. It turns out that they stuck me into whatever they could, which was 3 sketches of the 10. BUT we have a charity show this weekend, (Catey Warner got hit by a car and doesn't have health insurance) and I'm in all but 3 of the 12 sketches. Should be good. We should be able to raise about $7K of the estimated $90K needed for her full recovery.
4. Classes
Oh, yes. The reason I'm here. It seems like I have a great set of classes. I haven't been to my American Government class yet, since I added it this morning and it's a Monday/Wednesday/Friday course, but everything else looks fine. I have a class on writing critiques, a daily Portuguese class, a religion class with Maureen (which was so great, I've missed her), and Biology 100. No Geology courses.. I didn't do the GEOL 210 trip the last two weeks of August, so I can't move forward in any Geology courses. This is fine with me, though, since I've aspired to test out my aptitudes and see if they offer a better alternative for a major.

YAY BEE WAI YOO!

No comments: