The event that led me to thinking about Adam was when I turned the car on and listened the end of the Relief Society broadcast on the radio when President Monson spoke. He talked about judging people by their appearances, and it just made me curl up inside with guilt for being so concerned about how Adam dresses. He's this tall scrawny boy with T-shirts from clubs he's been involved with, cargo pants and the types of shoes Trevor Clive wears. In fact, he dresses like Trevor Clive. But he has this hilarious nerdy voice and the hair of an adolescent boy. So I was disappointed in myself for judging his appearance. Sad. I guess it didn't help that the Netflix that came in was a depressing one-hour movie in Finnish. It was about this girl, and part of the plot was that she went out one night, one night stand (the first time she had sex), then pregnant. It wasn't explicit, but it was sad. and it was sad that I would waste an hour on it, too. At least it could very well have contributed to make the next movie seem better. So that's what it was good for. Maybe.
I went and watched Easy A afterward. I actually slightly enjoyed it, if it weren't for the antireligion overtone throughout the whole thing, I would have really enjoyed it. Also, if it weren't for the perfect ending...! I was upset by the wonderful hot guy who had sort of been in the background the whole time and WHO HAD ALWAYS LIKED HER and SHE HAD ALWAYS LIKED HIM and how they got together in the end ... !!! That never happens! I feel like it would have been more real if the guy were ugly or weird. It bothered me. I'm in the middle of liking seventy guys who don't like me back, and I've been asked out plenty of times for as long as I've been here, but none of them are guys who I like! Except Adam... well.. I'm still trying to figure that out.
No comments:
Post a Comment